Thursday, May 15, 2014

Meeting Tinker Bell at the Magic Kingdom

By Nick

I'm a collector. I started collecting comic books at 12 years old, and continued to do so on and off into my 30s. In my 20s, I started collecting Disney, which probably comes as no surprise. I still buy items from time to time, but, let's face it, my house is only so big.

I've tried to find things to collect that barely take up any space at all. Like experiences.

Some non Disney experiences include visiting all 50 States, all 50 State Capitols, and every National Park. As for Disney, I'd like to visit every Disney park.

I also collect characters. My goal here is to get a photo with as many characters as possible. I don't feel self conscious about it, as I'm a child at heart!

This all sounds like I'm making an excuse for a grown man to get a photo with Tinker Bell.
And, psychologically, you are probably right!


But enough of looking into my psyche, we're here to see where to find Tinker Bell!

At the Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World, you can meet Tink and other Disney Fairies at Tinker Bell's Magical Nook, a tiny piece of Pixie Hollow which has magically grown in Adventureland.
If entering from Main Street, it is found on the right, just before Aloha Isle


Wait times get long quickly, and the Fairies spend plenty of time with each group, so I suggest going as early as possible. We went right over at park opening, and there was already a short line.


Along the queue, you'll find photos from Pixie Hollow, but this is likely not enough to keep the attention of restless children, or adults for that matter, for very long.

Like the queue to meet Mickey and Minnie at The Adventurer's Outpost over at Disney's Animal Kingdom, I found this a good time to check Facebook and eMail.



Finally it's time to meet Tinker Bell and one of her friends!
We are magically shrunk down to the size of a Fairy, and we enter the Nook, which is very well themed and affords excellent photo backdrops.


There is a PhotoPass photographer there, and they are happy to take photos with your camera as well as theirs, so have it ready.


We visited the Magical Nook in January, so Tinker Bell was appropriately attired in her winter clothes.


There are usually other Disney Fairies in the area, but I have read that at various times there may be only one.

We had the fortune of meeting Tink's fraternal twin sister, Periwinkle, a Frost Fairy, which was fortuitous as it was cold out by Florida standards, so it gave us something to talk about. I asked her to dial the frost back just a notch!


The Fairies who appear may change during the day. Other Fairies you might see are Iridessa, Fawn, Silvermist, Vidia, Rosetta, and Terrence.


8 comments:

  1. Love the picture. I like how you mention about capturing experiences along with pictures. Guess our family needs to do more of that as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meeting Tink when I was dressed up as Tink for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party was seriously one of the highlights of my life ;)

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/superflash/10458619574

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great costume! Thank you for sharing, Katie!

      Delete
  3. Great photo! I just met Tink the other day and a fairy whose name I did not know . . . I love collecting experiences as well. That and pins, they don't take up much space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post and I love the pictures! Thanks for linking up at Travel Tip Thursday! Hope to see you link up again this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback. Comments will appear pending moderation.