Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Walt Disney World 10 Anniversary Guide

By Nick  

My Aunt Sandy sent even more of her wonderful Disney ephemera to me recently. These are from Walt Disney World's 10th Anniversary.

There are 2 different covers, so I’m assuming they changed them monthly? 

Each features the same 10th Anniversary Parade float.

A nice colorful map of the Magic Kingdom.


They are an almost newsprint quality paper, so it’s amazing they’ve held up so well, and haven’t really yellowed.

This is the earliest park map I’ve seen, and had no previous knowledge that there was once a Hallmark store on Main Street USA! Those were the days when there was a much wider variety of stores featuring a much wider range of products.

 
Which of your favorite attractions, shops, or restaurants are still in the park, and which are just a memory?

 
Photo tips. This guide is compliments of Polaroid. 

Soon, they’ll be adding a whole new park on the map. EPCOT Center!

Downtown Disney was Walt Disney World Village.
The inner pages and back cover of both guides are the same, with the exception of the last page and inside back cover.

This one looks at a decade of dreams coming true, while the inside back cover advertises Disney movies out at that time. Cinderella was in re-release, and, one of my favorites was in theaters, TRON!
The other guide features an ad for EPCOT Center!  This time, Bambi is in theaters. You’ll also, perhaps, notice this picture was taken at a different time than the rest. That’s because I didn’t catch the difference until I was writing this!


They picked up one more guide while on their trip. A guide I’ve featured in a previous post as being one of my all time favorite pieces of Disneyana, and this one that Aunt Sandy sent me is in better shape! It’s the EPCOT Center Preview Guide!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. Comments will appear pending moderation.