Saturday, August 16, 2014

Do You Remember: Spoodles at Disney's Boardwalk Resort?



By Nick

In September of 2008, we visited Spoodles at Disney's Boardwalk Resort for the first time. The location was excellent, as one of our home DVC resorts is the Boardwalk Villas.


The food was terrific.




We couldn't wait to return on our next trip.
Sadly, it was closed to make way for Cat Cora's new restaurant, Kouzzina.
This made my wife carry a grudge, and it wasn't until this past January that I could convince her to try breakfast at Kouzzina.
Do you have a favorite restaurant that is now gone but not forgotten?

3 comments:

  1. Guilty... I gave like anything I do 3X .. 3 chances... and was not happy Kouzzinna on the other hand love love love it!! Maybe because of how warm the CMs are when I dine there... nahhh it's the food. I love everything on the breakfast menu!!!! Love my apple pie apple for breakfast. Thats what I call the Fig Apple french toast!!! The arugala bowl am surely going to miss!!! Oh and dinner!! Love the trio or indulge and have all three in regular portions.
    I do look forward to the new establishment taking over though. Because Holly, Eddie, Barbara and Hector will still be there!!! I know in the future it is 50% since the same friendly faces will still be there. And how can you mess pasta and cheese!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll get together and give this new place a try, together, Fauntleroy Duck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this restaurant didn't close, it just expanded a great deal but I liked the original small Wolfgang Puck's Express (near the Christmas Store, DTD). When it was just a wee place with a few tables, the staff wasn't so busy and stressed and the food seemed a bit better as well. I remember one vacation when we were staying at a DTD hotel, we walked down to the Express for breakfast 3 or 4 times.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback. Comments will appear pending moderation.