Saturday, June 29, 2013

Vintage Disney Story Books

These 2 books from the early 1940's belonged to my Father-in-Law, Dan.



Pinocchio. Given as a gift to Dan from his mother in 1944.


Copyright 1939, 1940 by Walt Disney Productions, Hollywood, California. D.C. Heath and Company, Boston.


Nice spot illustrations are throughout the book.


A very well loved book, several pages are loose.


Walt Disney Story  Books.

 
Bambi was given as a gift to Dan from his Grandmother in 1945.


Copyright 1944 by Walt Disney Productions. D.C. Heath and Company, Boston.



This book is in better shape.




These wonderful books were passed on to my wife, and then her younger sister. He recently re-discovered them, and has passed them on to me.

3 comments:

  1. I am sure we had some of the Disney books when I was a child, unfortunately my mother is an anti-hoarder and they are long gone!

    These are definitely something to treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we had more of these, Gaylin. We have never come across any others in our travels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure how we got them, but we have eight little books that come with a 45 record. they date back to the mid 70's.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback. Comments will appear pending moderation.