Monday, June 3, 2013

1970's Walt Disney World Metal Lunch Box

I love metal lunch boxes. Not the reproductions they have now, with anything and everything represented, but the original article. They can be very expensive, especially in mint condition; but you can get some at a reasonable price, if you don't mind a little rust, maybe some writing, and a dent or 3. Thermoses are another matter. Sometimes you can get them with the lunch box, but the older, metal ones can run as much as the boxes themselves.

This one is of Walt Disney World from the 1970s.


 I just love the graphics. The top features the Walt Disney World Railroad.

On one side, graphics representing the Tiki Room, Jungle Cruise, and Swiss Family Treehouse...


...while the other shows what appears to be a Main Street Vehicle, Mickey Mouse in front of Cinderella Castle, and, again, The Jungle Cruise.


20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and the Monorail  gliding through the Contemporary Resort share the bottom.


Most of my lunchboxes, I will turn around to display both sides periodically. But for this box, I display this side only, for a very good reason. My wife does NOT like the Country Bears! She was frightened by them as a child, or as she says "I was attacked by Big Al".

 I have several lunch boxes, and will share them right here on Disney Musings.

1 comment:

  1. I mam not a fan of the Country Bears either but that lunch box is cool!
    Do you carry it to work?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback. Comments will appear pending moderation.