Thursday, April 7, 2016

Princess Half Marathon Weekend at Walt Disney World; Part: 5

By Nick

Part 5 : Monday, February 22nd 

I spent the entire morning just relaxing at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, taking a stroll over to Jambo House from Kidani. I walked around the lobby and stopped at a couple of Savannah outloooks, walked through the shop, and had a very good breakfast at The Mara, AKL's quick serve restaurant.


The African-inspired Breakfast Platter, Scrambled Eggs, Sausage, Pap, Chakalaka, and Grilled Tomato.


I spent some time at the Flamingo Pool, which is located in back of the main people pool, and watched as a giraffe tried to... get friendly with another giraffe. 



I walked back to Kidani Village and had a wonderful conversation with a Cast Member from South Africa before taking a swim. 
On my way back to my room, I ran into friends Beth and Noel, who introduced me to their brother-in-law Lars, who treated me to some Dogfish Head beer. Thanks again Lars!




I got a text a little while later from my friend Peter. I met Peter and his wife Marilyn several years ago on our Disney Cruise to Alaska and we've stayed in touch since. 

We met up at Jock Lindsey's in Disney Springs where they treated me to lunch and cocktails. Thank you again Marilyn and Peter, it's always a pleasure to spend time with you!


After saying goodbye to my friends, I went to The BOATHOUSE and ordered a margarita in honor of National Margareta Day. Yes, I considered going to the Mexico Pavilion in Epcot but instead decided to sit at the bar on the water. Love The BOATHOUSE!


I hopped the first bus to a resort, which happened to be Pop Century and then a bus to Disney's Hollywood Studios.

I was feeling hungry again and stopped into 50's Prime Time Cafe where I had hoped to grab a table at the bar in the Tune In Lounge, but it was packed. I went to the podium at Prime Time and asked if there was any chance to get a table, and was surprised when they told me it would only be a 20 minute wait! 
In the meantime I got a Bourbon at the bar. I'm starting to really dig Bourbon!


I was seated after about 30 minutes. I have to admit, it is odd eating at Prime Time solo. But I love that fried chicken dinner, so it was worth it!


I went to Star Wars Launch Bay and on the way tried to get a selfie with a First Order Stormtrooper.

Imagine my surprise when I was grabbed and interrogated! I mean, really! It was awesome. 



Fear not, Chewbacca rescued me. And we celebrated!


I used my FastPasses for Rock 'n' Rollercoaster, Tower of Terror and Muppets before catching what is my favorite fireworks show at the World at the moment, Symphony in the Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. Comments will appear pending moderation.