Friday, April 22, 2016

Best Walt Disney World Dining Day

By Nick

Recently, my friend Dave Tupper suggested a show topic for The Disney Exchange Podcast, which I co-host with Lisa Green and Dave Hodges.

"Best Disney Dining Day"

There were some rules: Stay on property. No budget. All food from waking up to bed time. It has to be possible, the time between establishments has to make sense.

Okay. That seemed easy, but when I started to think about it... not as simple as I originally thought!

I decided breakfast would be at a resort I love, which is The Wilderness Lodge, at a restaurant I know has a pretty terrific breakfast, Whispering Canyon. The All-You-Care-to-Enjoy Breakfast Skillet consists of Scrambled Eggs, Western Home Fries, Bacon, Sausage, Waffles, Buttermilk Biscuits, and Sausage Gravy for $17. Coffee, well, couldn't find the price. With that, tax and tip, let's call this meal $27.


I'm going to get a boat over to the Magic Kingdom and waddle around the park digesting the large breakfast before having lunch at Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen.


I'm starting with House-made Arepas, "a trip down the Amazon with Slow-cooked Beef, Black Beans, Tostones, and Queso Fresco" for $9.50, followed by the Grilled Lamb Chops seasoned with a North African Berber Spice Blend served with Green Lentil Stew for $25. For my drink, I'm going to have a Coca Cola product from Brazil which I know to be tasty called Guarana Kuat. Like the coffee at breakfast, the price is elusive. Let's say it's $4 since it's exotic.
 For dessert I'm going with the Kungaloosh! Fans of the late great Adventurers Club at the also late great Pleasure Island will get the reference. The Kungaloosh! is an African-inspired Chocolate Cake with Caramelized Bananas served with Cashew-Caramel Ice Cream topped with Coffee Dust. $8.00.
And a coffee, why not. With tax and tip, $60.
Please don't check the math. I'm really bad at math.

So, I clearly need to walk this off, so I'm going to lap the Magic Kingdom before hopping the monorail to Epcot. I'll take a walk through World Showcase, stopping at the United Kingdom Pavilion on the way for a refreshing Innis & Gunn Draft for $9.75.


I'm continuing on through the International Gateway and heading for dinner at a restaurant I've never eaten at, but always wanted to try, Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club.
Starting with the Artisanal Cheeses, $15, and a Scotch. What Scotch? Not sure what they have, but it's a good one, so $27.
My 10oz Black Angus Filet Mignon with Mashed Potatoes and Cabernet Wine Sauce is $54, and I will need another $27 Scotch to go with. And a side of Sauteed Mushrooms please. $9.
Desert. I just couldn't. Okay. I'll look. The Yachtsman Sundae, Trio of Gelato and Amarena Cherries sounds great though, soooo, why not?! $10. And a water. Tax and tip, and, $190.

Wow. Please charge that to Dave Tupper. Thank you.

To hear me, Lisa Green and Dave Hodges discuss this topic in full detail, please check out Episode 70 of The Disney Exchange.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. Comments will appear pending moderation.