Friday, April 1, 2016

The Accidental Breakfast With Donald Duck and Friends

By Nick


Sometimes, mistakes are made.

On my last trip to Walt Disney World I woke up early one morning under the impression that it was an Extra Magic Hour morning at Disney's Animal Kingdom. I don't know why. Maybe I dreamed it. Maybe because it was the last day of my trip, and I was in a "returning to reality" funk?

Regardless, I got on a bus at 720am from The Animal Kingdom Lodge, Kidani Village, and arrived at about 735am. I guess I should have guessed something was amiss when I was the only person on the bus, but I didn't, until I got to the front entrance and noticed there were only a few Cast Members and guests milling about!

I realized my mistake, and was contemplating just going back to the Lodge when I noticed people checking in at the entrance to go into the park early for breakfast at Tusker House.

"Hmmm," I thought, "I'm hungry." So I approached the CM holding an electronic tablet and asked if there was any possibility of a free table for a solo diner. She very politely explained I could check availability via the My Disney Experience app. I immediately searched and discovered there was indeed an opening. At 10:30am.

I told the CM this and she said to go ahead and book it, and she'd let me go ahead early, and that I would just need to tell the folks over at the Tusker House that she said it was ok!

When I arrived at Tusker, they had just opened, I explained the situation and within just a few minutes, I was being seated.

*Please note, I don't know that this would work for a larger party, or even a single, as the Cast Member who assisted me may have just taken pity on me (I did give her my "boo boo face"), and would hate to be responsible for you not having similar results!







 I love the look and feel of Tusker!






Let's take a look at the food!

















I went up and got my first plate and was just finishing when Donald stopped by. His Cast Member buddy was happy to take my photo with him, and all his friends as they came by.




I finished at about 5 minutes to 9am and took a stroll to Kilimanjaro Safaris, which was just opening!

If you love breakfast buffets like me, want to get photos with the characters in a different environment and dressed in unique attire, and want to get a jump on park opening, I highly recommend getting an early ADR at Tusker House!

1 comment:

  1. One of my all-time favorites breakfasts on Disney property! I'll be going back in September.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback. Comments will appear pending moderation.