Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Princess Half Marathon Weekend at Walt Disney World; Part: 2

By Nick

Part 2 : Friday, February 19th

I woke up early and hopped a bus for Disney's Animal Kingdom for opening and headed right to Kilimanjaro Safaris.

Well, technically, the first thing I did was stop for photos at every PhotoPass Cast Member I came across. As an Annual Passholder, this service is now included in the price, and well, if you are a fan of this blog, you already know I love getting my picture taken, so I will be taking advantage of this for sure! As an extra awesome bonus, the photos are available on the My Disney Experience App pretty quickly!


After my safari, I contacted my friends and family, who told me they were on their way. I headed to the front of the park to meet them, stopping for coffee and chocolate pastry at Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery. I have found that my old favorite, the chocolate croissants, are not as readily available as they used to be, this, it turns out, is better!


After meeting up with my gang, and getting a group photo, they all used their FastPasses for Expedition Everest and I went over to The Boneyard in Dinoland to meet long time friend and one of the earliest readers of this very blog, The Disney Freak herself, Molly!

Amber, Ryan, Jill, Zach and me.


We all met back up to have lunch at Yak & Yeti Local Food Cafe and then back Dinoland to ride Dinosaur followed by a walk through the Maharajah Jungle Trek before getting a frosty adult beverage at the Wanjohi Refreshment stand located in Harambe Market.




After riding Kilimanjaro Safaris, I left for the Animal Kingdom Lodge to hop a bus over to the Health and Fitness Expo at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex to meet up with my Disney Exchange Podcast co-hosts Lisa and Dave, as well as their spouses and to pick up my Enchanted 10K race packet and shirt.




                                                                              Raymond, me, Lisa, Dave and Anne

A little while later I met up with Jill, Zach, Amber and Ryan and we went into downtown Orlando to try the newly opened Wahlburgers. This will forever be know as The Wahlburgers Incident to me, and a full account of it can be found here.


I got back to the room around 9:45pm, and luckily fell asleep very quickly as the following day's activities would be getting underway at 3am!


Princess Half Marathon Weekend at Walt Disney World; Part: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. Comments will appear pending moderation.