Thursday, March 10, 2016

Princess Half Marathon Weekend at Walt Disney World; Part: 1

By Nick

Part 1 : Thursday, February 18th

My last trip to Walt Disney World may have been another trip without my wife, but I don't necessarily consider it solo, as I spent a lot of the time with friends and family.

I set out very early and right off the bat ran into a long time friend, Timmy, at the airport!


When I arrived at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, Kidani Village, I was very happy to find my room ready. It was a standard view, but with a nice view of trees at least.


I unpacked my carry on bag, and then headed for Epcot, where my first stop was La Cava del Tequila followed by a ride on Gran Fiesta Tour.




This was followed by lunch at the Tangierine Cafe in the Morocco Pavilion.




I walked around World Showcase enjoying the absolutely gorgeous day before heading back to the room to change.


I was contacted by my wife's cousin Jill and her husband Zach, who were visiting at the same time! This was a happy coincidence. They were visiting to support their friend Amber, who was doing the Princess Half Marathon.

We met at Disney's Hollywood Studios and hit a few rides using our FastPasses, and got a photo with Kylo Ren at Star Wars Launch Bay, who I must say, is more intense and intimidating than Darth Vader!




 Amber and her husband Ryan arrived a little later, and we all were treated to an excellent dinner at The Hollywood Brown Derby by Zach. Thanks Zach!

 Amber, Ryan, Jill, Zach and me.


It was a great start to another great trip. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. Comments will appear pending moderation.