Thursday, November 12, 2015

TBT: Walt Disney World November 2011, Part 3

By Nick

Back before I blogged, I participated regularly in the DVC News Forums where I would post trip reports, such as this one from November of 2011. Any current commentary will be in italics.

PART 3 : 11/13/11
 
         Part 2 can be found here.

 Sunday, November 13th
Who?
Me, my wife, Barbie, and our friend's Josh and Jill.
Where?
The Cabin's at Fort Wilderness.Sunday, November 13th


I awoke to find a surprise from Josh and Jill. They had picked me a Vinylmation Park Starz figure. When I opened it, it was the figure I wanted the most, the Haunted Mansion Bride!



Barbie and I did rope drop at Epcot, while our friends slept in.
We rode Soarin, and got Fastpasses. Barbie and I had breakfast at Sunshine Seasons. Josh and Jill met us there, and Josh and I used the Fastpasses to ride Soarin. We then took the Living With the Land ride.
We got FPs for Test Track, did some shopping, and I got my pic with Baloo.



Then, it was back to World Showcase to enjoy the last day of the Food and Wine Festival.

I had been good on Friday, but really let loose this day with the beer sampling.



Lobster Roll and Sam Adams Festival Beer.


Linda Bean, Lobster restauranteur, and grand-daughter of merchant L.L. Bean, was there meeting and greeting people. I was eating "her" lobster roll while I happened to be wearing pants and shoes from her families store, so I just had to get a picture with her.



By the time we got around to the other side of World Showcase, I was feeling no pain.

The dessert trio from the Dessert and Champagne Booth.



Barbie enjoying the Ice Wine from Canada.



After this we rode Test Track and Spaceship Earth.

We headed for Downtown Disney, where we shopped for a few hours.
Outside the Lego Store.



For a late snack, we had sandwiches at Earl of Sandwich.

At Goofy's Candy Company, I concocted a Chocolate Fudge Cookie covered in dark chocolate with M&Ms with chocolate drizzle monstrosity that took me 3 days to finish, it was so dense.



We somehow made it back to cabin where I passed out.
 Please come back next Thursday for part 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. Comments will appear pending moderation.