Sunday, November 9, 2014

Mostly Spoiler Free Review of Big Hero 6

By Nick


I had absolutely no idea what to expect from Big Hero 6. I knew it was based on a Marvel comic, and that was the extent of my knowledge of the source material. From the previews, I expected a cute and fun movie I'd enjoy, but I wound up really loving it.

The opening cartoon short, Feast, was worth the price of admission. It is sweet and funny, as is the feature film that follows.

To be honest, I was a little nervous in the beginning. It started off with a bit of action, but got somewhat slow, which was necessary to move the story along, but it had many of the children at our matinee show very fidgety.

But then, with the extended appearance of Baymax, the robot pictured above, the movie finds both it's true heart, as well as fun and excitement. I'm not exaggerating when I say Baymax is now one of my favorite Disney characters. Ever. I enjoyed every moment he was on screen. There are many laugh out loud moments, that had adults and children cracking up together.

The film moves very quickly when it finally gets going and there are several exciting action sequences, as well as moving moments. The animation is superb. The visuals are stunning.

There are some predictable plot points, but this didn't detract from  my enjoyment of the film at all. I wanted to see it again immediately after it ended.

Speaking of endings, stick around through the credits for a surprise cameo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. Comments will appear pending moderation.