Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The ABC Commissary at Disney's Hollywood Studios

The ABC Commissary is a large counter service restaurant at Disney's Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World, located on Commissary Lane, behind the American Idol Experience.

 




There are advertisements for ABC television shows constantly being played on the many TVs throughout the establishment. There are even costumes from popular shows on display, such as these from Once Upon a Time.


This is a large, clean looking, and nicely designed eatery.

Sadly, the food doesn't live up to the surroundings.

My wife and I have only eaten at the ABC Commissary a few times. In the past, I've gotten the 1/3 lb Angus Cheeseburger and Fried Shrimp, served with Apple Slices or French Fries. My wife would eat the shrimp, as I'm allergic, and I would eat the burger, which I really liked with the shrimp sauce, which I believe was a cocktail sauce. They have changed this to a rather bland horseradish sauce. In addition, the burger was dry.
We were with friends, who got the Chicken Bleu, which is also served with Apple Slices or French Fries. They described the chicken as chewy and flavorless.

With so many other food options available at Disney's Hollywood Studios, I can't recommend this one, and we will likely not be returning anytime soon.

1 comment:

  1. I have eaten there once and it was a real struggle to get a grain free meal and what I got was mediocre. They really need to do something with this place. It is such a big venue with such a small menu. Makes no sense to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback. Comments will appear pending moderation.