Friday, September 18, 2015

Walt Disney World's 20th Anniversary Press Kit

By: Nick   

I don't know where I got this Walt Disney World 20th Anniversary Press Kit. I also don't remember what I paid for it.
What I do know is, it's a fascinating look at a very exciting time in Walt Disney World history.

Let's turn the handle and see what pops up.

Roger Rabbit! A character now sadly absent at Walt Disney World.


Inside is a packet of information, and a small calendar covering park hours for the 3 gates at that time, The Magic Kingdom, Epcot Center, and Disney-MGM Studio from October 1991 to January 1992.



The information included would make anyone interested in Disney park history, drool.
  • An overview of some of the new surprises awaiting guests, such as "Spectromagic" and "Jim Henson's Muppet Vision 3-D".
  • 20 reasons to visit Walt Disney World, such as "Surprise in the Skies" a daytime extravaganza above and around Epcot's World Showcase, and "Sorcery in the Sky", a fireworks display at Disney-MGM Studios.
  • 2 pages of Milestones, Attendance Marks, and Attraction Opening dates.
  • Park statistics and employment info. 33,000 employees at that time!
  • Pricing. A one day ticket? $33. 4 day pass? $111. Annual Pass? $190!
  • Personalities available for interviews, such as Michael Eisner, Frank Wells, Jeffrey Katzenberg, and Roy E. Disney.
  • A list of the celebrities that would be in the "Parade of Stars" in the 20 Year Homecoming Celebration at Disney-MGM Studios. Stars such as, Sally Struthers, Art Linkletter, and Eva Gabor!
  • Golf Course info
  • Information about a new concept in family vacationing called the Disney Vacation Club.


And if that wasn't enough, there is a plethora of 8x10 glossy photographs, with information on the back.

The 20th Anniversary "Surprise" Celebration Parade.



Dinosaurs, I confess, I never ever watched.



Before it was Old Key West, it was the Disney Vacation Club Resort.



Muppets!



I miss Spectromagic!



I had the great fortune to see most of the attractions described and shown here, and I must say, a lot of it is missed. The "Surprise" parade in the Magic Kingdom was amazing, and "Surprise in the Skies" at Epcot was also spectacular. And while I know "Fantasmic" is incredibly popular, I am not a fan of the crowds, and preferred "Sorcery in the Sky" at the Studios.

Also included is a Vacation Guide.



The back cover of the folder.




I hope you enjoyed this trip with me down memory lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. Comments will appear pending moderation.