Friday, September 25, 2015

The Muppets Mostly Spoiler Free Review

By Nick


I've written on this blog about how I grew up watching the Muppets, both the show and all of their movies and of course I also love Muppet*Vision 3-D.

There has been a lot of talk about the new television show The Muppets, on ABC Tuesday's at 8PM, somehow ruining the Muppets by making them too adult.

Having watched the 1st episode this past Tuesday night, I have to say I disagree. 

The new show is a mockumentary-style series that follows the personal and professional lives of the gang as they work on a late night show hosted by Miss Piggy.

There are some jokes that some may find questionable, some of which that may even be over the heads of grown ups, nevermind kids.

But I've always felt the Muppets were edgier than their relatives on Sesame Street, and feel the new show is a natural next step. Let's put it this way. I view the Muppets as actors and actresses and think of this as a TV show about the Muppets playing a more adult version of the Muppets.They are still THE MUPPETS.

Another complaint was The Muppets lacked any sweetness. I disagree with this as well. Without giving too much away, a certain couple has broken up, and the plot addresses this in a way that perhaps comes off as flippant, but as the show goes on, you realize a certain pig really was upset about this turn of events.

As my fellow blogger, Disney Exchange Podcast co-host and friend Lisa Green said "I grew up with the Muppets and now they've finally grown up too!"
I  couldn't agree more. 

Did you see The Muppets and what did you think?

1 comment:

  1. I thought it was well done but didn't have the laughs of other Muppet projects. May be too early to judge until the series hits its stride.

    Hoping for the best! - Lee Beatens

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback. Comments will appear pending moderation.