On Episode 32 of The Disney Exchange Podcast, Lisa, Dave and I share our choices for a progressive dinner around the Epcot area resorts. For those who don't know, a progressive dinner is a group meal where each course is served at a different venue.
Both Dave and I chose to have our dessert at Beaches and Cream at Disney's Yacht and Beach Club, and that is because the ice cream and atmosphere is wonderful.
My wife, Barbie and I have eaten here many times through the years. I'm going to share some of our favorites, in no particular order.
The No Way Jose. Below is a photo of me encountering this absolutely delicious (especially if you like peanut butter) dessert for the first time!
What's in the No Way Jose?
- 2 scoops Chocolate Ice Cream
- 2 scoops Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1/2 cup Jif Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Hot Fudge Sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons Peanut Butter Morsels
- 1-2 tablespoons Chocolate Morsels
- Reddi-Wip (or good quality) Whipped Cream
This "Classic" consists of Vanilla, Chocolate, and Strawberry ice cream, pineapple, strawberry and marshmallow toppings finished off with hot fudge, caramel, toasted almonds, whipped cream and a cherry.
Then there is the famous Kitchen Sink, which is, well...this.
Barbie and I have shared this monstrosity with our friends Kandi and John on a few occasions.
Here's a listing of what this amazing dessert includes:
- fudge topping, warmed
- butterscotch topping, warmed
- peanut butter topping, warmed
- 1 medium banana, sliced in 1/2 –inch slices
- 1 cinnamon spice cupcake, quartered
- 1 angel food cupcake, quartered
- 2 4-oz. scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 4-oz. scoops chocolate ice cream
- 2 4-oz. scoops strawberry ice cream
- 1 4-oz. scoop mint chocolate chip ice cream
- 1 4-oz. scoop coffee ice cream
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- marshmallow crème
- strawberry topping
- pineapple topping
- 1 14-oz can dairy whipped topping
- 1 brownie, quartered
- 1 regular-sized (2 ounce) candy bar, quartered
- 4 chocolate cookies (oreos-basically) with cream filling
- 1 tablespoon sliced toasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon dark and white chocolate shavings
- 1 tablespoon chocolate cookies with cream filling, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped jellied orange slice
- 1 tablespoon milk chocolate chip morsels
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter chip morsels
- 1 tablespoon chocolate sprinkles
- 1 tablespoon rainbow sprinkles
- 1/2 cup drained maraschino cherries
But Beaches and Cream is more than just ice cream. They also have really tasty burgers, fries and onion rings.
Have you ever eaten at Beaches and Cream, and what did you have?