Tuesday, May 19, 2015

McDonald's Happy Meal Animal Kingdom Toys Part 2

By Nick 

In yesterday's post, I shared 6 of a set of 12 Animal Kingdom McDonald’s Happy Meal Toys from 1998. If you missed it, please feel free to check it out. I’ll wait.

Back? Good!

So, let’s take a look at the remaining toys.

First, we have a dragon! Why a dragon? There aren’t any dragons at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
Well, back when the park first opened, there was a planned area called Beastly Kingdom, which would have featured mythical creatures, such as unicorns, and, of course, dragons. In fact, the original logo for the park prominently features a dragon.

 

 


 This toys wings flap when you press in the button on his chest. I assume this is supposed to be a push and release feature, but, as I mentioned in my last post, these toys were a little the worse for wear when I received them, and the button sticks on mine. 

 
 
Next up, we have a couple of clip on type toys. 

First this Crocodile:




And this Lemur.




Then we have a couple of pull and release toys.

The Rhino does not work unfortunately, so, no charging.



The Cheetah does leap into action however. Well, he actually stays crouched and lunges, but at least he works, so I’m not complaining!



 

Last, but not least, we have a squirt gun Elephant.


Just put water in the hole on the back of his neck.


This works amazingly well, shooting water at least 15 feet!


Doing a little more digging, I discovered there is actually an exclusive Tortoise toy that was available at Wallmart McDonald’s locations. If I come upon it, you will be among the first to know!

1 comment:

Thank you for your feedback. Comments will appear pending moderation.