Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Cinderella: Extended Sneak Preview

By Nick

I admit, when I first saw the preview of the upcoming live action Cinderella, I was not overwhelmed. It looked fine. A faithful straight forward retelling of the 1950 animated classic.

When we heard they would be playing an extended preview at the ABC Sound Studio at Disney's Hollywood Studios (DHS), starting on January 17th and running through March 21st, which was on the last full day of our recent trip, I thought if we could work it in, why not?


I then promptly forgot all about it until a friend, and I apologize I don't remember exactly who (Laurie, Jennifer, Rene'? all of you?) told me they had attended the Disney Annual Pass sneak peak on the 16th, I said "Oh yea." And, since we were planning on going to DHS on the 17th, I put it on the must do list.


And you know what? I'm glad we did. It was really pretty great.


The 10 minute or so preview shows a large portion of the Fairy Godmother scene, featuring Helena Bonham Carter as the Godmother and Lily James as Cinderella, along with a bunch of really fun visual effects. They round it out with what I believe were scenes from the original trailer.

I've now gone from "meh" to I can't wait to see this!

Will you be seeing Cinderella when it opens in theaters March 13th?

1 comment:

  1. YES! I will be seeing it right away!! You are so lucky you were able to take part in that screening!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback. Comments will appear pending moderation.