Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Early Signups for Princess Half Marathon Weekend

By Laurie Olivieri

Wednesday July 9, 2014 is early signups for Princess Half Marathon Weekend for DVC members and current Annual Pass members. The weekend is February 19 - 22nd 2015!

If you plan to sign up for the Princess 5k, the Enchanted 10k and the Half Marathon or the Glass Slipper Challenge (the 10k & 1/2), be ready to go!


You will need to sign into your account and follow the links provided by rundisney.


While you don't need an active.com account, I run several races so I enjoy my information prefilled.  You will also need a credit card to sign up! 

My first PHM race was the 1/2 marathon in 2013!

I was scared as this was also my first 1/2 marathon!  I thoroughly enjoyed it and especially enjoyed the course.  There is nothing quite like running through the Magic Kingdom Toll Plaza and The Castle!


Brings tears to my eyes every time.  The trumpeters play loudly while the runners run through the back of The Castle!




There were lots of characters along the route.  I was honestly too afraid to stop until I knew i would definitely beat the 16 minute per mile pace that is set by rundisney.  I stopped for a fun picture with the green Armyman.


He tried to get me to do pushups..I told him I am 51 years old - I probably won't get up.  This is right around mile 10 or so!





For 2014, rundisney introduced the Enchanted 10k - making a Glass Slipper Challenge.  This means to run both the 10k and the Half Marathon.


You must sign up specifically for this challenge.  By doing so, you get three medals - 10K, 1/2 marathon and the challenge one.  I had also signed up for the 5k - so I got 4 medals for the weekend!





Rundisney does a great job with the races and all 25,000 people running with you become your best friends during the race!  If you enjoy running/walking, setting physical challenges for yourself and love Disney...I would recommend signing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. Comments will appear pending moderation.