Monday, July 21, 2014

All By Myself

by Gaylin

When I went on the Disney Cruise last summer, I took my first selfie . . . wasn't too impressed with it, my camera was a bit old and slow and standing with a fake smile waiting for the camera to click felt silly.

Before I left for WDW in May, I bought a new camera. Still a point & shoot, nothing fancy but much faster than my old one. Traveling on my own again, I decided to take a few selfies – just for the heck of it.

I had fully intended to take a few every day, turns out that once I am tired and worn out from the heat, I forgot to take them. Oops. Here are the ones I did take!

Me and a tiki, outside of the Jungle Cruise.


Ariel and I, she called this a 'shell-fie'. I call this a bad photo that gives me a big double chin . . .


Next up are Elsa and Anna from Frozen, turns out they are not supposed to take photos with only one sister at a time, guess I was charming and fast enough with the camera to get separate photos! They called them 'snow-fies'.



The lovely Aurora and I.


This is a very nice young lady, Alicia, at the Canada Pavilion, turns out she is from my hometown, that seemed to be a good reason to take a selfie as well.


Of course, there needs to be a photo wearing 'bug-eyes' at It's Tough to be a Bug.


I think this is the Lego version of Princess Sofia but not really sure, whoever she is, I only got half her head in the photo!


And finally that plastic Cinderella with the slightly creepy blank facial expression.


Selfies, when you are traveling alone, they are a great way to be in a photo. Not saying they will all be good photos – mostly good for a laugh.

2 comments:

Thank you for your feedback. Comments will appear pending moderation.