Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Have You Been "Photobombed"

The definition of a photobomb is "the act of inserting oneself into the field of view of a photograph" according to wikipedia.
We have been the "victim" of this a few times through the years, sometimes accidentally, other times, very intentionally, as is the case with the 3 photos I'm going to share here.
I put victim in quotes because we actually don't mind a photobomb. In fact, we may have, on occasion, been guilty of doing the bombing. Shhhhh.
This 1st photo is from our very first trip to Walt Disney World in September of 2006. We were having dinner at Chefs de France at the French Pavilion in Epcot. I'd asked our server to take our picture, and our neighbors, well, the photo speaks for itself.


I really respected the full on waving from the gentleman. Usually a bomb is a simple smile, like his companion is exhibiting. We actually wound up having a nice conversation with this couple.

Next we have a really fun one, as it's not every day that you get photobombed by Peter Pan! Barbie and I were eating at Goofy's Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel, when we again asked our server for a photo. Pan swooped up from behind, and our server got the shot at the perfect moment!


Lastly, here I am waiting for the "Character Cavalcade", a special event that occurred on Walt Disney World's 40th Anniversary on October 1st, 2011.


Again, I am eating (what is it with food and photobombing?!) and Barbie is taking my picture, when the guy behind me decided to insert himself in the photo. . What makes this my favorite, is the expression on his wife's face! Priceless.
Actually, come to think of it, the young lady to my right is also photobombing!


Have you ever been photobombed? Or are you a photobomber?

1 comment:

  1. I see you guys were there on the 40th anniversary day! I was too, right up near the stage during the morning ceremony.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/bigbrian-nc/sets/72157627749306411/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback. Comments will appear pending moderation.