Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Disneyland is My Happy Place

Guest Writer Wednesday

Disneyland is My Happy Place
By D'land Diva


I have been to Disneyland in the best of circumstances and the worst of circumstances. I have been there when it is so crowded that I have literally been carried down Main Street and I have been there when it was so empty in the park that I was able to ride Alice in Wonderland three times in a row without getting off. I have been there after earthquakes, bomb threats and during those uncertain times after September 11. It is one of the first places my husband took me on a date and where he proposed. It is where I found out I was pregnant with my son. I went to Disneyland to drown my sorrows after losing a job and I spent my honeymoon at Disneyland. As an Annual Pass Holder for some fifteen years, Disneyland has been an important part of my life.

You may ask why. How can someone who has been to Disneyland so many times return? Is there anything left to experience? Do I get sick of the rides? Do I get sick of the crowds or the heat or the walking?

In short, the answer is NO. Disneyland is an ever changing experience for me.  I still feel a giddy rush when I step through the turn style. EVERY SINGLE TIME. I still waver between trying to get on Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters or waiting in line for Peter Pan first. I still take note of the beautiful flowers on Main Street and notice when something on the menu has changed at any of the restaurants. I love to wait in line to see the characters and each time I get a picture with one, it's like the first time for me.

Most of all, I love the happiness of being in a place where for just a few hours, I don't have to worry about anything. It's like the rest of the world stops at the front gates and once I enter, it's magic. Do I still get annoyed at the crowds or want to ask a Cast Member to turn down the heat a bit in the summer? You bet, but happiness just fills every inch of my being every single trip I take.  For me, Disneyland truly is THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH.

D'land Diva is a contributing writer and editor for the Tips From Disney Diva Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. Comments will appear pending moderation.