Tuesday, February 2, 2016

My First Solo Walt Disney World Trip : Day 7

By Nick

Thursday, January 7th, 2016

Up early and packed, I headed for the Magic Kingdom and grabbed a quick breakfast at Main Street Bakery/Starbucks, before heading back down Main Street towards the front of the park in a sort of happy to be going home but sad to be leaving daze to take a ride on the Walt Disney World Railroad. This is a great way to get some fantastic shots of what is becoming one of my favorite rides in WDW, due to the fact I can apparently ride it over and over and not get motion sick, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.


It remained cloudy through the entire morning, which matched my disposition perfectly, and I aimlessly wandered into shops and onto rides, pausing for a Dole Whip along the way.


I used my FastPass for Pirates before heading to Pecos Bills for lunch followed by another ride around the park on the train. I took a ride on the People Mover and made an executive decision.
I would go into Stitch's Great Escape. I know, insanity, but at least I was alone, so nobody else was getting hurt.


Look, it isn't that bad, up until the chili dog burp. If you have subjected yourself to this experience, you know what I mean. If you haven't been on this...I beg you, don't do it.  It's a smell that sticks to you ALL DAY. As I type this, the smell is coming back to me and I'm wreching a bit. I love Stitch, and as a matter of fact, I was wearing a Stitch tee shirt that day, but that smell ruins what would be an otherwise innocuous experience! GAH!


 The one bright spot to going into that attraction was the sun was shining when I emerged.


I took one last ride on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train before heading back to the Polynesian and on to the airport.

Final analysis of my first solo trip: It was fun, but odd. It was fine being able to go where I wanted when I wanted, but I was lonely often. At least I met a lot of wonderful new friends and spent time with old ones.

Would I do it again? Yes. In fact I'll be back down in a few weeks during the Princess Half Marathon Weekend with my Disney Exchange Podcast co-hosts Lisa and Dave, and as an extra bonus, my wife's cousin Jill and her husband Zach will be down at the same time, so I won't really be alone. If you are there at the same time and see me, please say hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. Comments will appear pending moderation.