Tuesday, January 26, 2016

My First Solo Walt Disney World Trip : Day 6

By Nick

Wednesday, January 6th, 2016 

I got up early and headed to Disney's Hollywood Studios and headed straight for Star Wars Launch Bay upon park opening. As almost everyone headed towards various rides, I was first in line to meet Chewbacca.


Afterwards, I walked around taking photos of all of the props before leaving. I attracted the attention of a couple of First Order Stormtroopers who where apparently tipped off that I was spotted associating with known Rebels!


Next up, The Great Movie Ride. I really like the small changes.
I then headed to Disney Springs for lunch at Jock Lindsey's.



I had dessert across the way from Jock's at Vivoli il Gelato, and then walked around the shops as it had started raining pretty steadily.


After the rain stopped I went back to DHS and met up with several Facebook friends,  and we visited The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights.

Jennifer, Judy, Rebecca, Patty and Derek

As I waited among the crowd, I turned around and spotted another FB friend, Melissa, and her husband right behind me!


We were there to see the very last time the Lights would be turned on. They will be greatly missed, they were a beautiful addition to several of our holiday seasons.


Afterwards I rode Toy Story Midway Mania, and returned to the lights to say hello to 2 more friends.

 Kelly and Karen

I had a FastPass for Star Tours, because I really wanted to see the new Force Awakens scene. It was great, but, oh boy, does that ride get me motion sick now! Afterwards I headed over to Hollywood Boulevard to watch Symphony in the Stars, which is even better than it was during Star Wars Weekends!


At the suggestion of my Disney Exchange Podcast co-host Dave, I had the ribs at Fairfax Fair before heading out for the evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. Comments will appear pending moderation.