Thursday, January 14, 2016

My First Solo Walt Disney World Trip : Day 2

By Nick

Saturday, January 2nd, 2016 

After a pretty good night's sleep, I had breakfast at the Kona Cafe, enjoying a favorite, Tonga Toast.


Took the Monorail to Epcot, where I spent the morning wandering aimlessly through shops between FastPasses.


Rode Soarin' for the last time before the refurb/redo and experienced the Disney Pixar Short Film Festival for the first time.



I walked around World Showcase taking in what turned out to be a gorgeous afternoon, and had lunch at Yorkshire County Fish Shop in the United Kingdom Pavilion.



I met up with my friend Kathy who is a Cast Member at Epcot, and we took a Friendship Boat over to Disney's Hollywood Studios.


We headed to Star Wars Launch Bay. Kathy has only ever seen Star Wars Episode 4, so I was hoping the short film there would help fill in the story. Not so much. We walked through the Launch Bay, and I explained things the best I could. We both marveled at the volume and variety of merchandise being offered for sale!


 This Darth Vader costume can be yours for $4000.


We next hit the film Path of the Jedi in another attempt to acquaint Kathy with Star Wars. Again, not so much. It's an entertaining film, but it isn't in chronological order, so it doesn't really convey a linear story. Oh well. Thank you again Kathy for indulging my geekiness.



Kathy then headed home while I stayed to catch what was supposed to be the second to last evening of the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights.


I then headed back to the Polynesian, where I decided to have dinner at Kona Island. After a delicious meal and a Lapu Lapu tropical drink, I had the brilliant (yes, this is sarcasm) idea to continue my evening by doing the Monorail Resort Lounge Tour.


As Kona Island  isn't technically a Lounge, I went to the nearby Tambu Lounge, then continued on to Mizner's at the Grand Floridian, and finished my evening at the Top of the World Lounge at Bay Lake Towers.


I was feeling no pain as I returned to my room and passed out fell asleep.

Part 1 can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. Comments will appear pending moderation.