Thursday, January 7, 2016

Disney Story Behind the Photo: The Time I Was in The Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular

by Nick




It was 2011, and Barbie and my first time visiting the The Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular.
As we walked towards the front at the far left hand side of the auditorium, the cast was just asking folks if they would like to be in the show.


As we approached our seats, they announced they needed just one more person, as Barbie was sitting down, I started waving and yelled, "Yea, right here."
The announcer turned, looked right at me and said "The man in the blue Disneyland shirt, come on down."  That was me.


The rest is a blur. I remember this, I was asked to do my best ninja pose. Ninja? Uh, ok. My mind went right to the only movie I could immediately think of that contained martial arts, never mind ninjas, and I came up with the Matrix.

As this was my first time seeing the show, and I was the very first person asked to pose, I didn't know I'd be required to HOLD that pose, or I would have picked a much easier one!

After this we were sent to costuming and got to participate in the production. That's me waving below.


It was a lot of fun, and I highly suggest it to anyone. Just, you know, pick an easier pose!

1 comment:

  1. I am jealous! I have tried to be a volunteer, I guess I am just not loud enough.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback. Comments will appear pending moderation.