Thursday, July 2, 2015

Throwback Thursday: Walt Disney World-September/October 2008 - Part 3

By Nick 

Day 3, Monday, September 29th.

An unprecedented occurrence, Barbie was up before me at 8AM.

The previous day was a lot of fun, but on this day I could hardly walk. I've had blisters on my blisters.

Barbie took a swim while I lay on a lounge chair, waiting to die.

After she was done swimming we went to the Belle Vue Lounge for coffee. That made me feel better.
We strolled over to Epcot, and down to Test Track. It was 10:30am, and we walked right on. Afterward, we walked around MouseGear.

At around 11:15, we made our way back to World Showcase.



We gave Pam a call, and met with her and Tom. We tried a few things at various kiosks on our way to Mexico, where we were joined by friends Kathy and her husband Ron.



After that we tried some more food kiosks, and then made our way to Future World and the Food and Wine Welcome Center. The free wine (yes, they used to be free!) event was full, so we headed over to Club Cool for some International Coke products.

Then rode Imagination, and afterward made our way back to WS.
We tried more foods, and had some adult beverages.



We were having such a great time, Pam suggested we join them at Tutto Italia for dinner. So we canceled our ADRs at O'hana at the Polynesian (this was many years before you would get charged for cancelling within 24 hours), and Pam added us all to her reservation.
About 4 we returned to BWV and took a swim.

Barbie and I walked back over to World Showcase at about 6:15. We all met in front of the restaurant and were promptly seated.

I'm glad we decided to cancel our ADR's at O'hana, my meal was fantastic, as was the company. I had the Pasta with Crab, Barbie had the Roasted Chicken. Our server Stefano was great.



And the deserts were amazing. I had the Tiramisu, Barbie the Melt In Your Mouth, Chocolate Hazelnut, If I Die Right Now, I'll Be Happy, Torte.
At least, I think that was the name of it.



After dinner, we walked to the front of WS to get a spot for Illuminations. Excellent location. We sat and talked post show for a while, and then headed over to the BWV, where we sat and talked till midnight.

Please check out Part 1 and Part 2 and stop back next Thursday for Part 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. Comments will appear pending moderation.