Friday, June 12, 2015

A Very Handy Mickey

By Gaylin
I have a small collection of art glass. And while I would love to bring home a lot of glass from Arribas Brothers, I usually only have carry on luggage. Once I had the glass packed and protected, I would have to leave my clothes behind. Hmm, that’s an idea!

A friend of mine got me this glass Mickey container and I love it. It has Mickey’s gloved hand on it, it is glass, and it can hold pretty things or sweet things or?
It came from the glass store in the Germany pavilion at Epcot.


It’s 5 1/2″ tall and 4 inches wide.

The Walt Disney World logo is on one side of the bowl and the etched Mickey heads are around the other side. Because glass is see-through, it looks like the Mickey heads are above the logo, but they aren’t!


From the back you can see that the etched heads circle the bowl of the container.

The bottom has the classic star pattern found on so many glass or crystal containers.


And from the top, you can see the stretched out fingers of Mickey’s hand in brushed glass.


Yep, maybe next trip I will throw out some clothes in order to bring back some of that pretty Disney glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. Comments will appear pending moderation.