Monday, March 9, 2015

Best Vacation Haircut!

by Gaylin

In April of 2005, I had my head shaved to raise funds for Balding For Dollars, a local Vancouver charity run to help kids in the cancer ward at BC Children's Hospital. With the help of friends I raised $1,500!!

Two weeks after I had my head shaved I went on vacation to Walt Disney World. I have to say, being bald in hot Florida in May was wonderful! I got some strange looks, a few people tried to be sympathetic, I guess they thought I was going through chemo and a couple of times people forced me to take their seat on the bus . . . I did explain why my head was shaved but they made me keep the seat anyways.

And talk about a great hair style to enjoy the water parks! Slap some sunscreen on my noggin and go play.

I did have a very heartfelt talk with a woman who was going through chemo, she had a wig and a hat on – in the May heat. She thought I was very brave to shave my head, I told her she was very brave in her fight with cancer.  Hopefully she at least stopped wearing the wig and stuck with a hat for the rest of her trip.

Here are a couple of photos from the Magic Kingdom.



 One from the Animal Kingdom.


And one from the Garden Grill at Epcot.


And finally one last photo, taken at Typhoon Lagoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. Comments will appear pending moderation.