Monday, March 2, 2015

A Disney Vacation with Lots of Character

By Gaylin

In November 2012 I went on a Disney World vacation on my own.

Being solo meant I could take time to do things I haven't done before, like go back to the resort in the afternoon for a nap! It also meant that I could go line up for character photos without someone pulling on my arm to go on a ride or to see a show.

My first afternoon I went over to Epcot and voila, no line-up for Belle. If the Beast is with her the line up can get long quite quickly. For some reason she was all on her own so I even got to chat with
her for a moment.


Walking through the World Showcase all the way around the other side, I came across Duffy the Disney Bear. While I am not a big fan of the bear, a friend of mine is so I got in the short line and got this shot. I like the "Canada" in the background!
duffy and me

A couple of days later I was back at Epcot and decided to go into the Character Spot for a few photos. The original location of the Spot was under renovation so there was a temporary location set up with a great backdrop of Epcot. Here I got 3 photos, me with Mickey, Pluto and Minnie. Also while I was in the not very long line-up I got to chat with a great family and help them get their daughter to look up when it was her turn to get her photo taken.

IMG_3414

Notice I even did the toe pointing like Minnie, I am so darn cool . . .
IMG_3416

The Magic Kingdom was my next stop and this photo with Stitch. While there was a bit of a line-up, Stitch was being very entertaining and made it worth the wait.
IMG_3589

And this is what happens when Stitch takes over your camera!!! The hand you see on my shoulder is Stitch’s attendant, she was laughing really hard at his antics. I sort of wish she showed up in the photo, oh well.
IMG_3588

Then it was on to the new photo area in Fantasyland called Storybook Circus. As you can see from the very pink lighting, the lights are set for the Photopass cameras, not my point & shoot camera. I did the toe point for my photo with Daisy, she didn’t.
IMG_3599

It looks like both Minnie and I are having pink hot flashes, we weren’t, honest.
IMG_3601

And the Great Goofini! I complimented him on the revamp of his roller coaster, he was pleased. Thumbs Up!
IMG_3602

I am not sure what kind of magician Donald is supposed to be, he was number 1 and I was thumbs up.
IMG_3603

And over at the Animal Kingdom, you can now get your photo with Russell and Doug. This photo is a little blurry but I still love it.
IMG_3645

At the Animal Kingdom when you are leaving Discovery Island and heading to Dinoland there is the Character Landing, the characters are always from Winnie the Pooh and this day they had on their Christmas garb. I was once told to always get my photo taken with Pooh because he makes everyone look skinny! At the Character Landing they rotate characters in and out for breaks so there is always characters there, waiting just for you.
IMG_3680

Eeyore is so very huggable.
IMG_3681

Tigger couldn’t make up his mind if we were dancing or posing so we ended up with a bit of both.
IMG_3682

And there are my character tales for November 2012. I always get a few character photos and highly recommend that other people do as well, there has been a few times I have paid the big bucks for a Photopass picture just because it was so darn good. Usually I am happy enough with the photo that shows up on my camera, after all, I am on vacation and looking happy is what counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. Comments will appear pending moderation.