Thursday, June 5, 2014

Characters on Main Street USA at Walt Disney World

by Gaylin

On my recent trip to Walt Disney World, one morning I decided to sleep in a bit! Sacrilege I know, missing the park opening show, but the weather had been extremely hot and the crowds a bit heavier than expected, so a few extra hours in a nice quiet and cool hotel room all by myself were awesome.

It was nearly noon when I got to the Magic Kingdom and to my surprise the Main Street Characters were all out and most people were in a hurry to get somewhere so I had a few minutes with each of them on my own. Nice to have the time to have a little chat before asking for a photo. The mayor gave me his business card, told me it would get me to the back of the line-up for any ride in the park! Scoop Sanderson also gave me his card, told me to call if I had any late breaking news stories for him.

The Mayor and the Lady Suffragette are always a treat to talk with, and look so dapper in their outfits.


Then a moment with Scoop Sanderson, member of the Press! I told him I work for a newspaper union back home so he wanted to make sure you could read the press pass on his hat.


Finally the fire chief, he told me I look like Paddington Bear in all my yellow. I looked Paddington up online and yep, he often has on a yellow hat but is jacket is usually blue.


 I always get a photo of balloons on Main Street and the breeze picked up while I was walking and this balloon seller looked like she was going to fly away.


Right before the hub in front of the castle were dancers, a show I hadn't seen before, Welcome Spring!


And of course, because I can – here is another photo of the castle. What trip to the Magic Kingdom would be complete without a photo of the castle?


Finally, while this was in the New Fantasyland area and not Main Street, I met these two characters. A groomsman and a lady-in-waiting, after a proper and polite chat, they were off – spreading the good news of the day.


5 comments:

  1. I love experiences like that. What a joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more, Bert!

      Delete
    2. It was terrific to meet them all in one day and remember to take photos!

      Delete

Thank you for your feedback. Comments will appear pending moderation.