I've no idea where I picked up this Mickey Mouse Christmas Surprises record album, but it's in pretty good shape. An "Official Mickey Mouse Club" Disneyland Record from 1958.
If the terrific illustration on the cover isn't enough to grab your attention, I don't know what is!
Who knew Bambi could fly?! That's a surprise.
What are other surprises does this record hold?
Other surprises are how unusual the song selections are on this collection.
1. From All Of Us to All of You - Jiminy Cricket & Mickey Mouse
This is one of my favorite Christmas songs. Ever. So great start!
2. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing, O Little Town of Bethlehem, O Come All Ye Faithful - Ludwig Mousensky & The All Mouse Choir
Then it gets weird. This is an odd one. Very Chipmunk, but not as charming or coherent.
3. T'was the Night Before Christmas - Jiminy Cricket
Back on track, one of my favorite stories told by one of my favorite characters
4. Fantasyland, Story Book Tree - Camarta Chorus & Orchestra
So sweet, your teeth may hurt after listening.
5. Winter Wonderland - Instrumental by Ludwig Mousensky & The All Mouse Symphony
6. Jingle Bells - Ludwig Mousensky & The All Mouse Choir
Essentially, the Chipmunks singing Jingle Bells. I like it!
7. Adventureland, Jungle Tree - Camarta Chorus & Orchestra
If you are familiar with the Enchanted Tiki Room, this seems to be the same group of singers singing about finding the Christmas tree for, or maybe in, Adventureland. Very unusual, and the lyrics are a bit difficult to follow, so I always lose the thread of the story midway through.
8. Jingle Bones- Witches 3 and Friends
I'm a fan of Hallowthanksmas, but this Halloween/Christmas mash-up is too much for even me. Just straight up trippy.
9. Kris Kringle - Jimmy Cricket
I really enjoy this one. It makes me wish they'd just released a full album of Jiminy Cricket doing Christmas Carols
10. Tomorrowland, Futuristic Christmas Tree - Camarta Chorus & Orchestra
A standard that takes a weird and incomprehensible turn in the middle.
This album is a surprisingly bipolar collection of songs, but worth a listen if you come across it for a reasonable price. And if you have a turntable, of course!