Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Disney Kitchen Aid

By Gaylin

I love to find a little Disney everywhere I can. It does make me happy to open the utensil drawer in the kitchen and voila: Practical, happy, Mickey utensils!

While all of these things are readily available at the theme parks and may not be particularly collectible, I enjoy using them and having Disney in my everyday life making food in my kitchen.


This is a slightly blurry photo of all my kitchen items.



I bought this ice cream scoop to scoop ice cream, I use it to scoop up pancake batter instead!


When it is pizza time, this next item comes in really handy. I wasn’t actually expecting it to work well but it has quite a sharp edge and definitely gets the job done.



This is a fridge magnet that I refer to at least once a week. With Canadian cookbooks and recipes online being in metric and American books and online being in Imperial measurements, this is a great addition to the other Disney fridge magnets.




I admit, I don’t use this tea towel very often, they come in a pack of 2 and the other one has a stain on it so I use it most often and leave this one all pretty and unstained (what a dork!)



I love these napkins, haven’t even opened the package yet because I still have a pile of those brown napkins from the counter service restaurants at WDW to last me until my next trip. Again I am a Disney dork as I am waiting for a really special occasion to break out the ‘good napkins’.




I love what is termed a ‘scattered Mickey’. That is what is encapsulated in this spatula. The Mickey head, gloves, shorts and shoes. This is the one item that people always comment on when I am cooking for them, “you have a Mickey spatula?” Of course I do.



And finally scattered Mickey Salt ‘N Pepper shakers. I love these and at one time thought I would collect S ‘N P shakers but it turns out I am too practical, I only need and use one set of shakers so the collection never happened.




I hope you enjoyed my tour of Disney in the kitchen and can’t help but wonder, how much Mickey do you cook with?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. Comments will appear pending moderation.