Saturday, September 20, 2014

The Disney Bag Lady

By Gaylin
It turns out I am a bag lady! I have kept merchandise bags from many of my trips. Way too many bags! I don’t use plastic bags in my day-to-day life, that is not Eco-friendly. But when I go on vacation, I seem to end up with way too many of them!

I have taken 14 trips to WDW and 2 to Disneyland and the results are all these bags:

These bags from either 1978 or 1979 were a fairly thick paper that feel like they have a bit of a coating on them. Probably to make them survive a bit better in the rain!


I went to WDW in 1985 and I think this example was from that trip. I like that this bag  has different pictures on either side.

Front and back, 2 different sizes. I have no idea the year or trip that these came from!


I think these are from 2005, when it was Disneyland’s 50th Celebration. Notice the Hidden Mickey cuff link on the jacket sleeve. Again: Front and back.

 

These next two are from the same trip. I had so many bags all over my apartment that I didn’t get a photo of them together.


Balloons!


An assortment of Disneyland bags.



These are very big bags! I have samples of bags in a lot of different sizes. Such a Disney Dork!

I think this one comes from a trip in the 1990′s. I had to pay $2 for this one.


Another one that I am pretty sure I paid a dollar or two for. Very heavy plastic for lots of souvenirs!


Last but not least is this little beauty. A very tiny bag, probably from a trip in the 1980′s when I bought a pair of Mickey earrings.


And that’s it for the bags. But speaking of earrings: That’s for another post!

1 comment:

  1. Love this! As a regular WDW and DL visitors, I don't like the "Disney Parks" bags they're using now. I miss when WDW and DL had their own unique designs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback. Comments will appear pending moderation.