Sunday, September 7, 2014

Flea Market Find: Is This a Bambi Bookend?




By Nick

I saw this at the flea market a few months ago. The person selling it was asking for $5, but I pointed out it’s a single bookend, has no indication of when it was made, and no real proof that it is, in fact, Bambi. I offered $3. Sold.

The bookend is 6.5″ tall and 4.5″ wide.





Doing a Google search, I find it under Bambi Ceramic Bookend, but again, as there are no markings on this one indicating it is a Disney licensed product, it is still in question. As for date, I simply find “Vintage” and “1950s”.

.

Like other items I’ve purchased at the flea market, I felt it was worth $3, if just for a conversation piece.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if the other side of the bookend had the makers mark on it?
    A lovely piece, still in very good condition!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback. Comments will appear pending moderation.