Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Dapper Cadaver Dans

Guest Writer Wednesday

Dapper Cadaver Dans
By: Gaylin

Have you ever gone to the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party? I have and I love it. The costumes, the dance parties, trick or treating, pretty much everything about it makes me happy. And don't get me started on the parade, Boo To You! My favorite parade ever.

One bit of entertainment that I haven't heard mentioned is the Cadaver Dans. The lovely barbershop quartet that you see on Main Street during the day, the Dapper Dans, morph into the Cadaver Dans for the party. An entirely different selection of songs, some 'graveyard' humour with a lot of bad puns thrown in. I admit, the last party I went to, they were the highlight. I laughed so hard at their bad jokes that they kept saying they were going to hire me to come to everyone of their shows.

And of course, their outfits are quite a bit different then their regular apparel!


They wanted me to get a good photo with them but the first attempt really didn't work as expected!


This next shot is a great one of me and my cadaver friends! If you go to the party, they do their show in Frontierland and it is actually piped in the speaker system in the shops of the area so they are easy to hear and once they get going, they are hard to walk away from.


1 comment:

  1. Gaylin, I love this article! I didn't know about the Cadaver Dans, but now I'm going to try and search them out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback. Comments will appear pending moderation.