Friday, May 6, 2016

Harambe Market at Disney's Animal Kingdom

By Nick

I'd heard about a new dining area to be located in Disney's Animal Kingdom's Africa section, and was excited to visit it when I was there with 2 friends last May. I was disappointed when I discovered when it was due to open just a few days after our visit, so it became one of my must dos for my trip in January.

And it didn't disappoint! Well, for the most part.

The themeing and details are amazing, and the food was pretty good. More on that shortly.





What was a bit of a downer was the disorganization of the lines, of which are very long indeed. Also, as I learned from a fellow guest, you can order whatever you want at any window, despite the themeing of each section not informing you of this fact.







I waited about 30 minutes in line, but once my order was placed, the food was served quickly.

I ordered 2 things:

The Grilled Chicken Skewer served with Green Papaya Slaw and Black-Eyed Pea, Corn and Tomato Salad and the Beef and Pork Sausage Fried in Curried Corn Batter. This also comes with the same side as the skewer, but I asked if I could get another item in it's place as I was already getting that and got a cookie. I also got a Reef Donkey APA Draft.


The batter on the sausage was pretty thick, and I wound up taking it off, and the sausage was very good. The skewer was excellent as was the slaw and salad. The beer was pretty good also.
I will absolutely go back and try other options, but suggest going at opening rather than during the lunch rush.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. Comments will appear pending moderation.