Friday, December 11, 2015

What Keeps Me Coming Back to Walt Disney World?

By: Shendl
Photos: Nick & Barbie


I was browsing through some tips on a Disney Website recently and it got me thinking about the reasons I keep coming back to WDW.

    •    Anticipation and Excitement - I love the feeling of knowing that I have a WDW Vacation planned and the joy of seeing the days get less and less on my Countdown Application. The excitement of knowing you are actually going back to the Most Magical Place on Earth is like nothing I can describe to anyone that has not visited WDW before.

    •    Relaxation – I know that this may sound strange when used in context with WDW but when I am actually there and are away from my normal routine, I find that I am much more relaxed than I am in my day to day life.

    •    Food – The Food that you get at WDW is like nothing we get in South Africa. There are so many different types of food that we like to eat when we are at WDW. My Husband’s favourites were Biscuits & Gravy  and mine were Tater Tots and Glazed Almonds!!

    •    Attractions and Rides – Where else in the World can you visit and see all the wonderful World Class shows and experience the amazing Special Effects on Rides? Definitely nowhere I have ever been besides WDW, That’s for Sure!  I find the attention to detail AMAZING!!



    •    Magic – This is the one place in the world that I have visited that you can see and Experience Magic Happening on a daily basis and sometimes you can even create your own Magic for someone and brighten up their day!

    •    The People – I love meeting the different Cast members and guests at Walt Disney World. We met some lovely people that started up a conversation with us because they heard our South African Accent. It’s fun meeting different people from around the world.

    •    The Treats – Some of the best treats I have experienced in my life have been at WDW. Mickey Premium Bars, Jelly Belly Beans, Mickey Pretzels, Caramel Corn and Funnel Cakes to name a few!!



   •    Souvenirs – I love picking up items from WDW that I can display at my home either in a display case or on the walls. I also enjoy choosing Baseball Caps, Shirts and Christmas Decorations to take home with me.  I hope to finally treat myself to a Dooney & Burke Handbag on the next vacation!!

    •    EPCOT World Showcase – I love World Showcase!! There is so much to see and do and TASTE!! I love walking through the little stores in the different countries and experiencing the different cultures of the Cast Members from those countries. The Street Shows and Character Meet and Greets that you experience are also amazing!!


    •    RESORTS – I love the different resorts that you can choose to stay in, from a Value to a Deluxe, there is a resort for everyone whatever your budget and style!



All in All, It is safe to assume that I absolutely love vacationing at WDW even though it’s extremely far to travel and airfare is a little on the pricey side! I would rather save up for 4 years to be able to afford a WDW vacation for 2 weeks than a yearly vacation to a cheaper place.
I will always keep coming back to WDW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. Comments will appear pending moderation.