Sunday, February 15, 2015

The Disney Exchange- Episode 9 Show Notes: Touring Disney's Hollywood Studios

By Nick

Podcast: Play in new window | Download

-The Disney Exchange is Lisa Green, David Hodges, and me, Nicholas Maglio

-Main Topic- Touring Disney's Hollywood Studios

 
-We start off the show with me asking Lisa to tell about her being chosen to host a Disney Side @Home Celebration, which was Mardi Gras themed.

 Photo: Lisa Green

-Dave launches us into our main topic, Disney's Hollywood Studios, by saying he doesn't spend a lot of time there! I know, right? And he doesn't play the lottery apparently.

-I bring up the Sorcerer's Hat, and how all of us are not particularly unhappy to see it go. Sorry.


-Dave goes on to tell of his DHS touring strategy; Rope drop, Toy Story Midway Mania with FastPass selections being Tower of Terror, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and something else. 
Bite to eat? We all agree that Starring Rolls is the way to go! 


 -Dave also enjoys the shows, such as Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular.

-The wonderful Writer' Stop is discussed

-Lisa and I go back to what I feel was the heyday of the park, which was the early to mid 90s.

-I'm up next and I share my FP choices which are usually Tower, Rock'n or Toy Story, and Star Tours.

-The not so wonderful, (this opinion may not necessarily be shared by a certain co-host named Dave) Light's, Motor, Action is discussed. In fact I use the word "abomination," and Lisa agrees.

- I tell our horrible Fantasmic story, and how emotional One Man's Dream makes me.


-Lisa always Fastpasses Toy Story Midway Mania, primarily because she dislikes the queue so much, because it looks like the inside of her brain apparently! 

-She discusses must do attractions as well as her favorite part of the park, the Muppet's area.

-How long is Voyage of the Little Mermaid? I believe it's longer than the actual animated feature!
 
-The possible future of Indiana Jones, the attraction and possible film reboot, is brought up.

-Anyone know what's up with the upgrades to the the Great Movie Ride?

-We speculate on the future of DHS.

-Lisa's upcoming trip is briefly discussed. I express my view of running.

-We ALL agree, Tower of Terror is the best ride at the park! A red letter day!

-The Wheel of DIStany is spun and the topic is: Favorite Ride Vehicle
I ask for clarification of the topic and Dave brings up "elevator shaft" and I immediately steal that as mine!
Dave picks the Monorail and we question if that is a ride vehicle. He then says safari truck.
Lisa picks the People Mover.
We then go ahead and discuss every single ride vehicle that has ever been created before we wrap it up!

Thanks for listening, and if you enjoy the show, please leave feedback on iTunes!
TheDisneyExchange.com
twitter.com/disneyexchange
facebook.com/thedisneyexchange
instagram.com/thedisneyexchange

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. Comments will appear pending moderation.