Sunday, February 8, 2015

The Disney Exchange- Episode 8 Show Notes: Dining at Animal Kingdom Lodge

By Nick

PodcastPlay in new window | Download

-The Disney Exchange is Lisa Green, David Hodges, and me, Nicholas Maglio 

-Main Topic- Animal Kingdom Lodge Table Service 

-Before getting into our main topic we talk about a subject near and dear to my heart. Me.
More specifically my most recent trip to Walt Disney World in January, when we stayed at the Boardwalk Villas with my favorite view from a resort, maybe, perhaps, ever.



-I also talked about going with 2 children of different ages, and how different it was, as we have only ever been with one. Lisa asked about some first time experiences from that trip, and I talk about Hollywood and Vine, and Trattoria al Forno.

-We talk about the highlight of the trip. Meeting Dave Hodges.


- I get somewhat negative about a not so magical evening at the Magic Kingdom. We keep it real on The Disney Exchange folks.

-On to our main topic. First we discuss Sanaa, which is located at the Kidani Village side of the Animal Kingdom Lodge. This was the best service Dave has had at Disney.

Dave and Lisa argue about discuss the best thing on the menu.

Various menu items, such as the bread service are discussed in detail.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

-Next is Jiko at Jambo House. Lisa and I talk about what is so wonderful about it, and wine is talked about on more than one occasion.

DSC_0396

I mention it being my favorite meal of 2011. The whole year maybe.

DSC_0410

-We hop over to Boma, my favorite buffet.  

(Please note, and forgive me-this episode had connectivity issues, as you will be able to hear, and I talk over Dave a couple of times, even more than usual, due to the fact that at I was unable to hear him speaking.)

I talk about favorite menu items, specifically the beef on the carving station and Zebra Domes.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

-We briefly discuss The Mara, the counter service restaurant located at Jambo House.

-The Wheel of DIStany: Favorite attractions that have been around half our lives:
Dave: Space Mountain
Me: Haunted Mansion
Lisa: Jungle Cruise

Thanks for listening, and if you enjoy the show, please leave feedback on iTunes!
TheDisneyExchange.com
twitter.com/disneyexchange
facebook.com/thedisneyexchange
instagram.com/thedisneyexchange

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. Comments will appear pending moderation.