Monday, October 17, 2011

Halloween at the Disney Parks

Holidays are a special experience at the Disney Parks. I'm specifically talking about Halloween for this post. Disney really knows how to put on a party, and if you get a chance to go to "Mickey's Not So Very Scary Halloween Party," I highly recommend it! The Magic Kingdom is cleared out at 7:00pm for official party-goers only. The Park stays open until midnight and there are two showings of the "Boo to You Parade," which I think is the best parade Disney has to offer. The music is catchy and fun, the characters are dressed up and you get to see many of the ghosts, villains and other assorted creatures that aren't allowed in any other parade!

Now the park has been decorated for the season with all of the Halloween trappings, pumpkins, scarecrows and the like. There is no end to holiday decorations and revelry. It's the guests and their costumes that make the party such a treat to attend. Many of them put a lot of time and effort into their looks. I have been lucky enough to attend a couple of the Halloween parties and I had a blast planning and dressing up for the events.


The first Halloween Party I went to I was caught unaware, and unprepared. But when I was told I was going to another "Mickey's Not So Very Scary Halloween Party" I went as a hippy, while my husband went as Fred Flintstone. I should have planned that one better and dressed up as Wilma, but I really wanted to show off the overalls I found at a thrift-store. How often do you get to wear something like those out and about? Many of the party-goers ribbed me about that!

"Where's Wilma?" they kept calling to my Fred. Well, my Fred found a Wilma! Can you believe that; and she looked awesome with her Fred, Pebbles and BamBam in tow.

This is your chance to be a kid again, and did I mention the candy stations placed around the park where everyone goes trick or treating? Ah yes, this could certainly make a Disney Lover out of even the staunchest protester.

Here is our group. We definitely planned things better this year! The Big Bad Wolf, Red Riding Hood, Grandma, and the Huntsman, Shrek, Puss and Boots and our Belle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. Comments will appear pending moderation.