Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Walt Disney World Buddy Trip 2016, Part 5

By Nick

Who: Me and my friends Joe and Josh
Where: Walt Disney World, stayed Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, Kidani Village 

Part 5
Friday, May 13th  

We slept in a bit after not getting to sleep till around 3am, and headed to Disney Springs a little after 10. We walked around checking out a few shops while we waited for Jock Lindsey's to open at 1130am.

We were seated in the diving bell, which is very cool (maybe not for claustrophobic individuals), and  had some appetizers and adult beverages, hit some more shops and then headed for Disney's Hollywood Studios mid-afternoon. 

While Josh and Joe rode Star Tours, I hung out at Tatooine Traders perusing the Star Wars merch, before heading to dinner at 50s Prime Time Cafe.

We waited at the bar and people watched before being seated.

After such a heavy meal we needed to go someplace to digest, so we rode The Great Movie Ride.

As we exited, we noticed that C-3PO was just going up the ramp in back of the Star Wars: A Galaxy Far Far Away stage, so we went to check out the rest of the cast coming out. When 3PO noticed me taking a photo, he waved and did a little shimmy dance! Being a Star Wars geek, this just blew my kind, it was so awesome! 

As we stood there Darth Maul walked by and gave us the evil stare, Chewie threw his arms up in his victory pose, and the First Order Troopers, Captain Phasma, and Kylo Ren marched by. Too cool. I think enjoyed this experience more than the actual stage show!

We had FastPasses for Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror.

A little while later we found a spot to watch Symphony in the Stars. I loved that show, and I'm very excited to see the new Star Wars a Galactic Spectacular show.

We headed back to the resort, and we're just settling in for the evening when our new friends Alison and Jim called asking if we wanted a beer, as the next day was the last of their trip. 

I was really wiped out, but decided I wanted to see my new friends again, even though I fought to stay awake, and finally had to throw in the towel and hit the hay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. Comments will appear pending moderation.