Friday, June 9, 2017

Rediscovering My Love of Legos

By Nick

Growing up, one of my favorite things to play with were Legos. As an "adult," I'd go to Lego stores with my buddy, Josh, who never stopped collecting and constructing Lego sets, and a couple of years ago he gave me a really generous gift, this Wall-E set.


I have spoken frequently on this blog and on my podcast about my love of Wall-E, so this was a wonderful surprise. I set the box up on a shelf with other Wall-E collectibles. I'd look at it frequently and would often say "I really need to get that put together.'

Then last weekend I was under the weather, and Barbie brought me home this K-2SO Lego set.
She and I had been talking about how cool we thought it was when we had seen them this past Christmas. Our Godson, Flynn, having received several as gifts.



She hoped this would rekindle my Lego interest and prompt me to construct Wall-E.

It did!

Clearly, this was a bigger challenge.


It took a few minutes to figure out they wanted me to use a little leaflet that was included to replace several steps from the manual, since everything is in graphics. It's like learning Lego language!



I used this plastic tub top to help separate pieces. I later developed a system of dividing by color, and used another box top to assist with that. Note Barbie's sewing mat.


Coming along.



It took 3 evenings to get this done, and I worked on it in the kitchen and living room.


Complete!


The neck, arms, eyes, and treads all move! And the front opens up too!



Yes, I am now hooked on Legos. In fact, I think I just heard the doorbell... it's the Darth Vader set I ordered from Amazon!


Thank you again Josh and Barbie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. Comments will appear pending moderation.