Monday, January 18, 2016

My First Solo Walt Disney World Trip : Day 3

By Nick

Sunday, January 3rd, 2016  

After the Monorail Loop Lounge Crawl from the night before, as talked about in Part 2, I woke up feeling none to clear headed. As it was also pouring rain on and off, I decided this would be the best time to visit the AMC Fork & Screen at Disney Springs to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens.


After a quick breakfast at Capt. Cook's I made my way to Disney Springs, arriving at 945am, I walked around until shops began opening at 10am, and then went to the theater for the 11am show.
It was my first time at a "Fork and Screen" and found the experience, well, average. I'll have a full review at a later date.


I headed for the bus stop at 150pm, with hopes of getting back to my room with plenty of time to spare before the planned recording of The Disney Exchange Podcast, which I co-host with Lisa Green and Dave Hodges at 3pm.
I walked up to the bust for the Polynesian and Grand Floridian just leaving, but there was one waiting to go to the Contemporary. Perfect, I figured I would just get that and hop the Monorail around to the Ticket and Transportation Center, which is actually closer to the building I was in, Moorea, than The Great Ceremonial House!

Well, wouldn't you know, the Monorail was down. I was told I could get a bus that was running especially to the Monorail loop resorts. After 15 minutes waiting outside, I contacted Lisa and Dave to tell them I'd be late, I had, after all, only given myself an hour and 10 minutes to get from Disney Springs to the resort. This is my biggest issue with visiting that lovely shopping and dining area, the amount of time it takes to get just about anywhere else on property via Disney Transportation.
Sorry, stepping off my soapbox.
As I sent the text, I looked up just as a monorail was leaving the Magic Kingdom, approaching the Contemporary. I managed to get up to the 5th floor and on, and got back to my room at 305pm.

After recording the show,  I rested before deciding to go to dinner, but didn't want to eat at a park, as it was still very rainy, so I decided to hop the Monorail and eat at The Wave, back over at The Contemporary. Barbie and I had eaten here once before with friends several years earlier, and were not at all impressed, but I decided to give it another chance. I'm really glad I did, because dinner was fantastic and my server, Kristin, was excellent! The Braised Lamb Shank went wonderfully with the Bourbon Flight.


After dinner, I headed back to my room and made it an early evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. Comments will appear pending moderation.